By Adam Reese / May 4th, 2015
After being unable to reach its Kickstarter goal back in March, RosePortal Games is trying again to make Unraveled: Tale of the Shipbreaker’s Daughter a reality. As for what’s changed this time around, RosePortal had this to say:
This time, music by Secret of Mana composer Hiroki Kikuta and Dragon Fantasy Book II composer Dale North are a part of the primary funding (set at a modest $15,000), and we believe we’re going to make it this time around.
A game that plays upon the feeling of nostalgia a lot of us have for the SNES and PS1 era. Here’s just a small list of features that the game promises:
- Experience a deep and touching story in “show, don’t tell”-style that will tug at your heartstrings as you learn of a little girl’s melancholic past and her hopes for a better future.
- Immerse yourself in a moving musical score hand-crafted by Japanese RPG veteran composers Hiroki Kikuta and Dale North.
- Adventure through a wondrous, intricately detailed world that is filled with beautiful imaginary, dastardly platforming and enchanting events.
- Every scene and every emotion is shown purely through our beautiful hand-crafted sprites.
- Engage in slick, strategic combat with your monstrously fluffy companion in a completely unique State Balance battle system that is fun and deep, yet easy to understand.
- Collectible items are rare and powerful. Each one has a different purpose for during combat and affects the story, showing you a brief flashback about how the item played a part in the little girl’s life. This gives emotional depth to even the gameplay elements of the game!
- Relive your childhood fantasies as you travel through a little girl’s imagination, full of giant sand castles, dragons, magical items, classic puzzles and an 80’s themed doll house.
- Discover a bit about our world as the story of Unraveled is based on real events at a ship breaking yard — inspired by the documentary The Wire Nest!
For more details on Unraveled: Tale of the Shipbreaker’s Daughter’s story, characters, backer reward tiers, and FAQs visit the Kickstarter page. For oprainfall’s take on the game, Justin did an awesome spotlight on it shortly before funding ended the first time around that you can check out here.
We here at oprainfall wish RosePortal Games all the best in reaching their goal.
PCRosePortal GamesSteamUnraveled: Tale of the Shipbreaker's Daughter