By Jeff Neuenschwander / April 10th, 2014
It’s almost time. We’re just a few days away from the North American release of a game with the name that makes us think dirty thoughts, but actually is an RPG that plays like Persona and has an awesome demo that came out recently (run-on sentences FTW). And to that we say this: Thank you, Atlus. Thanks you for bringing us Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, available on April 15th for $39.99 on the eShop and at retail.
That’s not all that’s coming to the 3DS this week. LEGO The Hobbit has released on the eShop for $29.99. This will be a LEGO’d version of the first two Hobbit films. In addition, Mach Rider will release on the 3DS Virtual Console. Also releasing are Boxzle, Governor of Poker, and Atlantic Quest. Atlantic Quest will release April 15th.
Over on the Wii U side, not much is going on in terms of releases. The biggest releases are that of Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ to the Virtual Console, both priced at $6.99. The only other release is the downloadable game My Exotic Farm.
But that’s not to say that nothing else is happening on the eShop. Both the Wii U and 3DS will be having sales on select games. On the Wii U, DuckTales: Remastered will be half off from now until April 17th. In addition, the game My Farm will receive a permanent price drop to $4.99. Over on the 3DS, two sales will be taking place starting on Saturday, April 12th. The first is a 50% off sale for Escape from Zombie City. The second is a sale of select G-Style games, which include Crazy Construction, Chain Blaster, Undead Bowling, and Jump Trial Supreme. Both sales end on April 27th.
Check out the press release below.
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS – APR. 10, 2014
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror – April is a month to remember with classic games launching each week! Summon Red, Yellow and Green Kirby to help you solve puzzles, fight enemies or take out the big baddies. Use copy abilities such as the arrow-shooting Cupid Kirby or the melee-master Smash Kirby, while platforming through maze-like worlds. Need a break from the action? Try mini-games such as Crackity Hack and Kirby’s Wave Ride, which also star our favorite pink hero and friends.
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ – April is a month to remember with classic games launching each week! Prepare for lightning-quick game play as you blaze through more than 200 bizarre microgames designed by a crazy crew of Wario’s cronies. Simple controls make each game in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ easy to get into … until the games start coming faster … and faster … and FASTER! Think you can outwit Wario?
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- LEGO® The Hobbit™ – LEGO The Hobbit allows gamers to play along with their favorite scenes from the first two films in The Hobbit trilogy.
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars – In this JRPG, monsters have invaded the world of Aterra, and only a few special individuals imbued with the power of the Star God are equipped to fight them. Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars will be available on April 15.
- Nintendo eShop Sales
- DuckTales: Remastered – Embark on an authentic Disney adventure around the world to retrieve five legendary treasures with Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews: Huey, Dewey and Louie. Now through 9 a.m. PT on April 17, get DuckTales: Remastered for 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Escape From Zombie City – For a limited time, Escape From Zombie City will be 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This promotion starts at 9 a.m. PT on April 12 and ends at 9 a.m. PT on April 27.
- G-Style Co. – Select G-Style games will be on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Crazy Construction, Chain Blaster, Undead Bowling and Jump Trials Supreme. This offer starts at 9 a.m. PT on April 12 and ends at 9 a.m. PT on April 27.
- Mach Rider™ (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
- Atlantic Quest (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available April 15
- Boxzle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Governor of Poker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- My Exotic Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Permanent price reduction:
- My Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Starting today, the price of My Farm is being reduced from $7.99 to $4.99.
- Popular NES game Super Mario Bros. 3 launches for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on April 17. Considered by many to be one of the best games ever made, the title makes for a great way to enjoy the Easter holiday weekend and beyond.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles weekly to the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system as well as the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features games, applications and videos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Conception II: Children of the Seven StarsDucktales RemasteredKirby & the Amazing MirrorNintendo eShopWarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgames