By Jonathan Higgins / March 20th, 2014
This week’s Nintendo Download highlights yet another game coming exclusively to the 3DS eShop. Announced in the previous Nintendo Direct, Pokémon fans in North America can now play Pokémon Battle Trozei. Far more relevant to our audience of niche-gaming fans is the demo for Conception II, which will launch March 25th, with the full game coming our way April 15th.
As far as sales go, Jools Watsham teased us yesterday via Twitter. Since today is the first day of spring, now’s as good a time as any for a “Super Spring Sale,” right? You can grab all of Renegade Kid’s 3DS games—Mutant Mudds, Bomb Monkey, ATV Wild Ride 3D and more—at 30% off when the eShop is updated later today ’til April 3rd. There’s also a sale from Nordic games—you can enjoy games like Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! at a discounted price until April 1st. Last but not least, you can enjoy sports in Wii Sports Club free, but time is limited!
Just a few odds and ends left—Volleyball is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console, and Yumi’s Odd Odyssey is coming to the 3DS eShop.
That’s all there is to it! For more information, check out the full press release and the screenshots below.
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS – MAR. 20, 2014
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Pokémon Battle Trozei – In the Pokémon Battle Trozeigame, match Pokémon while battling and collecting even more Pokémon. This strategic puzzle game includes every known Pokémon (more than 700!) from Pokémon Red andPokémon Blue, all the way to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
- Conception™ II: Children of the Seven Stars – Demo Version – Romance, children and monster fighting – all part of your daily life in Conception II. The demo for this unique RPG will be available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on March 25. The full version of the game launches April 15.
- Nintendo eShop Sales
- Sale by Renegade Kid – Goodbye winter! It’s Super Spring Sale time! From now until April 3, save 30 percent on select Renegade Kid games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, featuring the critically acclaimed gameMutant Mudds™, arcade racer ATV Wild Ride™ 3D and explosive puzzler Bomb Monkey™.
- Nordic Games Sale – For a limited time, all Nordic Games titles are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, includingJeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Visit the Nintendo eShop for full details. This offer runs until 9 a.m. PT on April 1.
- Nintendo eShop Promotion
- Free Wii Sports Club Access – Hop off the couch and get moving with awesome, active games for the Wii U system. We’ll help you jump into the spring season with free access to Wii Sports Club this weekend only. Starting March 21 at 9 a.m. PT, enjoy all available sports in Wii Sports Club for free until 11:59 p.m. PT on March 23.
Also new this week:
- Volleyball (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Hello Kitty® Kruisers (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available March 21
- Pure Chess® (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Pure Chess® (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Yumi’s Odd Odyssey™ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
To view this week’s Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadAh8eis02.php.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles weekly to the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system as well as the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features games, applications and videos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Conception II Demo
Pokémon Battle Trozei
Yumi’s Odd Odyssey
AtlusATV Wild RideBomb MonkeyConception IIIndie gamesJools WatshamMutant MuddsPokémonPokémon Battle TrozeiRenegade KidSale