By Guy Rainey / February 13th, 2014
Despite a press conference and trailer release, we know very little about Sonic Boom. Well, we’ve now got a little more information, gleaned from a recent interview. You can watch it here.
While there’s very little we don’t already know (there’s still a glaring omission of any 3DS details), there were a few details to be gleaned.
- The Wii U GamePad will be used to display a map and upgrades, as well as another function which is yet to be unveiled
- The game follows an adventure style with currency and upgrades for the characters
- The game is more “organically” challenging, in that difficulty arises from skill in combat and finding hidden secrets as opposed to enemies just becoming tougher
- All the levels in the game are connected by the story and its locations
- You will mainly use two characters at a time during gameplay, but all four will show up in hubs and boss fights
- There will be points in the game where you are required to use a certain character to proceed
- The game will be very character-driven, with a lot of focus put onto each individual character and their unique abilities
- We will “definitely” be seeing other characters from the Sonic series making an appearance – these will be revealed over the coming months
- Inspiration is being taken from Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Generations