By Karli Winata / February 12th, 2014
Square Enix has released the details for their upcoming Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS4 beta. Players who have been playing FF14 on the PS3 will be able to transfer their characters into the beta. They will not be able to access their character from the PS3 version of the game after the transfer. To access the same character from both versions of the game, they’ll need to buy a separate retail copy of the PS4 version and simply sign into their account. The transfer service starts on April 11th through the 13th.
Beta Info ( Taken from PlayStation Blog)
- Phase 1: February 22nd to March 3rd.
- Phase 2: April 4th to April 7th.
- Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates.
- The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4, and directly downloadable from PlayStation Store.
- There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
- Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
- PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta — in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
Also, here’s a trailer made entirely from the PS4 version.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released worldwide on April 14th for the PS4.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm RebornPCPlayStation 3PlayStation 4Square Enix