By Crystal Colwell / May 5th, 2013
AckkStudios has announced their action adventure RPG Two Brothers is on Steam Greenlight. Show your love and support for AckkStudios and Two Brothers by voting yes and help to bring the game to Steam.
About Two Brothers:
- Vast non-linear world and story
- Multiple endings
- Deep side quests
- Take the game world from black and white 8bit to full color 16bit!
The game boasts a few elements that make it truly stand out. Roy Guarder is on an expedition to discover, of all things, the origins of life. Throughout his journey he has reached The Cursed Lands, a dangerous stretch of land that has not been explored in over 700 years. Hmm, this could lead to some interesting outcomes. What happens is Roy finds what he is looking for, and then he meets a terrible fate. He is no longer a living man and has been greeted with a world of colors that he never even realized could exist. Roy then becomes obsessed with this land and often times ends his own life just to get a glimpse of those beautiful colors.
Unique to Two Brothers:
- The game takes a long hard look at death in video games
- Death warrants you with an AfterLife Hub instead of that dreaded game over screen
- Players can jump from the edge of the heavens to return back to the action and gameplay
- In death you find clues and interact with characters who have passed on
Recently Jonathan, Jared and Randy of oprainfall were privileged enough to sit down with Brian and Andrew Allanson of AckkStudios and conduct an interview, where they discussed Two Brothers. The interview can be found from 37:52 – 1:09:55 on Episode 14 of the Podcast.
If any of this tickles your fancy, head on over to the Steam page and give the game a Yes vote.