By Crystal Colwell / January 29th, 2013
A side scrolling, 2D action adventure game that also has RPG elements, what more could we want? What about a promising story, cute old school graphics as well as some dungeon crawling? Chasm is a game that has many different characteristics and boasts elements from hack n slash games, platformers and RPG’s. The game which is Discord Games latest endeavor,once available, will be playable on PC, Mac and Linux.
In Chasm you assume the role of a soldier who is passing through a remote mining town on your way home from a long war. You become trapped in the town, by supernatural forces and you discover that the miners have all disappeared. A long forgotten temple has been breached and an ancient evil, which had been in a deep slumber, was reawakened. With your only option being a journey into the mines you find enemies to battle and bosses to defeat as you increase your abilities in your attempt to escape and return home.
Current & Planned Features
- Procedurally generated Metroid-like dungeons. Never play the same dungeon twice!
- Authentic 2D Pixel Art (320×180 native resolution).
- Equip weapons, spellbooks, potions, shields, and more to both hands.
- Random loot drops with chance of Unique or Legendary status for bonus stats & effects.
- Boss & Miniboss battles.
- Devious traps and platforming challenges.
- Normal & Hardcore (Scoring and Permadeath) Modes
- Windows, Mac, & Linux versions with gamepad support.
Chasm is still in the early stages of development but we will keep you apprised of any new developments. The game looks like it will be a great addition to any gamers collection and we can’t wait to see the finished product. If this game sounds like something you would be interested in, don’t forget to up vote it on Steam.