By We Desire Breath of Fire / December 31st, 2012
NOTE: This article is from the oprainfall campaign hub written by an independent campaign and shared on our website. The opinions herein may not reflect the opinions of the oprainfall website.
Jan. 1, 2013 kicks off the second round of renewing interest in the Breath of Fire series and showing Capcom that fans would love to see a sequel to the resting IP.
Participants for this mass-posting are asked to do the following on the first of every month:
- “Like” the Breath of Fire Facebook and Twitter page.
- “Like” and post on Capcom’s official Facebook page about Breath of Fire, requesting a sequel, re-releases/remakes, expressing your love for Breath of Fire, etc.
- Similarly, “Like” and post on Capcom UK’s official Facebook page with the above. Perhaps even requesting a digital re-release of the PC version of Breath of Fire IV, or a request for Europe to get Breath of Fire IV on Playstation Network.
- “Like” and post on Capcom’s Japanese Facebook page.
- Follow and tweet @Capcom_Unity with BoF6 requests as well, likewise with @Capcom_UK and @CapcomUnityJp.
- Register for the Capcom-Unity forums and post in the Breath of Fire discussion group. Feel free to make new threads under Game Discussion that discuss elements of Breath of Fire games.
- A few threads about Breath of Fire exist on the Ask Capcom section. Feel free to post in those and give your two cents.
Some basic rules:
1. Don’t spam. Basically, don’t constantly tweet or Facebook post the same thing. You can keep different types of posts going throughout the day, but don’t be overbearing. For Capcom’s Unity forums, threads with Breath of Fire-related subjects are fine. Different BoF threads on Capcom’s Game Discussion and Ask Capcom forum sections are OK if they’re about different subjects (ex. one is about requesting Breath of Fire IV on PSN in UK, another is about your favorite version of Ryu or Nina, etc.).
2. Don’t be negative. There is no reason to attack a company or its employees just because they’re not doing what you want them to do. Keep this positive, and focus on the fact that you’d love to see the Breath of Fire series revitalized.
3. Respect your fellow peers. Some may hold different opinions about the games than you do, but that doesn’t make it an excuse to attack them for liking or disliking a specific title.
bof6CampaignCapcomps1. ps2. ps3. psnPSPrevivalSequelSNESsuper famicomVirtual ConsoleVitaWe Desire Breath of FireWii