By Justin Guillou / December 15th, 2022
The wait for River City Girls 2 is finally over as it’s now available in North America and Europe! You can now purchase the game digitally on modern platforms for $39.99.
Building upon the story and gameplay of 2019’s River City Girls, River City Girls 2 gives players even more of what they loved about the original: more characters, more weapons, deeper combat, new enemies to fight, RPG-like character growth, and a bigger world with multiple routes. Joining the returning playable cast of Misako, Kyoko, Kunio, and Riki are steel-abbed warrior Marian (from the Double Dragon series) and breakdancing brawler Provie (from River City Ransom: Underground), who set forth on a sprawling adventure that takes them across the deadly streets and dark alleyways of River City. Armed with new bone-busting techniques — including chaotic Lift-Off attacks, defense-shattering Guard Breaks, and elemental status ailments — the heroes are fired up and ready to take on crime lord Sabu and his army of underworld thugs.
As players fight through environments such as a nightclub, an amusement park, and a tech-industry campus, they’ll master an arsenal of moves, conquer loads of sidequests, power up with items and accessories from more than 40 shops, and enlist assistance from recruited enemies and hired heavies.
Countless destructible objects, a vast number of secrets, and a day/night cycle help bring River City to life, while dynamic motion-comic cutscenes, thousands of lines of character-specific voiceovers (in both English and Japanese), and a mesmerizing soundtrack from critically acclaimed River City Girls series composer Megan McDuffee complement the action. The OST is currently available for digital download at https://bit.ly/SoundtrackRCG2.
- Six playable characters, each with their own fighting styles and upgradable move sets!
- Enhanced combat: Guard Breaks, Lift-Off combos, and more!
- River City is bigger than ever! New locations with multiple routes and secret areas!
- Play solo or team up with a friend, locally or online
- New hired henchmen aid players in battle! Hold two recruits at once!
- Loads of NPCs to meet, interact with, and punch in the face — including surprise cameos!
- Awesome anime intro, comic book cutscenes, English and Japanese voiceovers, and a spectacular soundtrack featuring RCG1 composer Megan McDuffee!
Will any of you pick up River City Girls 2? Please let us know in the comments!
Arc Systembeat-’em-upnintendo switchPlayStation 4PlayStation 5RCG 2River City GirlsRiver City Girls 2SwitchWayForwardXboxXbox OneXbox Series