By Leah McDonald / August 31st, 2021
Wired Productions and Limited Run Games will release The Town of Light as only the second title in their Black Label collection. A first-person psychological adventure, The Town of Light is set in Tuscany, Italy in the first half of the 20th century. The story takes place in Volterra Asylum, a former psychiatric hospital, which has been meticulously reconstructed for players to explore and relive the tragic history of Renée.
Limited to a maximum of 2,500 units, each Black Label title is beautifully crafted and carefully selected to spotlight one of the many eclectic games Wired Productions published from developers they love.
Black Label #02 includes:
- The Town Of Light (ESRB Region free) on PS4, enclosed in a brand new variant inlay and sleeve
- A collection of stunning art prints hand-chosen by LKA developer founder Luca Dalcò
- The CD and Digital Download soundtrack by acclaimed artist and musician Aseptic Void
- A Wired Razor authenticity card – individually numbered with just 2,500 available
- Iconic razor cut Alu-dibond art print
- Collectable trading cards from the Wired Productions collection
- All housed in a bespoke high-end Black Label silver box wrapped in the Wired Razor Sleeve – a black finish with an embossed tattoo motif
- An exclusive bonus item to be revealed later
The Town Of Light was a catalyst to many movements within the gaming industry, including the formation of video games mental health charity Safe In Our World, co-founded by Leo Zullo, Neil Broadhead and Gareth Williams from the Wired team, alongside various names and partners across the industry. Now, close to five years later, Wired and LKA are collaborating again with the upcoming release of Martha is Dead, a title which continues the almost cinematic storytelling that the studio has become famous for.
“After seeing the positive response from the community to Black Label #01: Victor Vran, I couldn’t wait to announce the next game in the Black Label Collection,” said Leo Zullo, Managing Director, Wired Productions. “The Town of Light is an extremely important game for Wired and deserves to be celebrated in the form of Black Label, from the first time we played the demo of the title we were shocked, in awe and knew instantly that this game needed to be played.”
“We are delighted to be sharing The Town of Light with our community and customers in the form of Black Label #02,” said Douglas Bogart, co-founder, Limited Run Games. “Wired Productions has a keen eye for games made with passion, games that resonate with our community, and we look forward to celebrating even more fantastic indie titles in the future.“
The pre-order window for Black Label #02: The Town of Light starts Aug. 31 and runs until Oct. 31. Priced at $79.99 USD / £69.99, gamers can secure their edition via Limited Run Games for North America or directly from the Wired Productions store for all other territories.
Black Label CollectionLimited Run GamesLKAThe Town of LightWired Productions