By Josh Speer / June 15th, 2017
Digital Uppercut, the team behind crowdfunded Slain: Back From Hell, is working with Steel Mantis on a new, hard rocking title called Valfaris. This heavy metal action platformer is slated to release for PC, PS4 and XBox One in 2018. Visually it’s highly reminiscent of Slain, and that’s a good thing, since that frenetic, bloody style is what initially attracted me to that game. To read more details about this upcoming game, check out some details below.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
About the game
Publisher: Digital Uppercut
Developer: Steel Mantis
Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
– Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
– Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
– Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
– Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
– Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
– Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
– Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
2018Digital UppercutPCPS4Steel MantisValfarisXbox One