By Crystal Colwell / July 26th, 2016
Battles of Norghan v.1.11 was just released. This title is a unique fantasy turn-based strategy game with RPG and team managing elements.
Have a full list of changes:
- Reduced the portion of any missile weapon damage taken over 6 HP by a further, separate 50%, after the normal 45% reduction. So for example 21 damage taken after the armor’s defense gets reduced to 8 damage. In the previous versions it would just have been reduced to 12 damage.
- Reduced missile weapons’ hitting chance bonuses. max bonus now is 10 instead of 25. Prices of those missile weapons was reduced a little for that reason.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused crashes when a simulated battle ended.
- Reduced the cost of imps by increasing the effect of ”no armour, no helm” attribute on the cost and by reducing their max age. That is, they retire younger.
- Reduced the maximum damage of magic missile by 1.
- Added a turn end delay option to options.ini (located at Documents\BattlesofNorghan_Saves folder). So that you can for example set a 1+ second delay after a movement action before a turn ends. The default was set to 0.7 seconds, used to be 0 seconds.
- Fixed Chain Lightning bugs. Also now the amount of damage taken by the next target doesn’t get reduced by the previous target’s magic resistance.
- Made sure human controlled clans don’t lose the game if they have a chance to sell items to get enough gold to resurrect units even if their debt is high before selling the items. The game will also now notify you when you must sell items to avoid losing the game.
- AI skill level 4 out of 4 clans now do not recruit ranged units in the beginning of the game.
- A few other minor changes.
Want to play the demo? Click here.
So, you watched the trailer, played the demo.. now what? Check it out on Steam Greenlight!
July 26, 2016 – Battles of Norghan v.1.11 (www.battlesofnorghan.com) was just released.
The new version primarily balances ranged weapons, fixes bugs and adds a feature that lets you change the turn end delay. Full list of changes at:
Battles of Norghan is a classic, unique fantasy turn-based strategy game with RPG and team managing elements.
Imagine a football manager game with fantasy world creatures such as orcs, drakes and minotaurs and turn-based strategy battles instead of football matches. There’s also spells to learn and use and equipment to buy along with training your team. This game has a lot of depth and replayability.
Recruit mercenaries from 22 different fantasy races and classes and manage dozens of fighters as they battle in a variety of different terrains against easy to highly intelligent AI or other player-controlled clans.
Train and hone each fighter’s skill through monthly training as well as directly in combat. Build secondary skills such as dodging, shield blocking and dual wielding as well as attributes such as strength, intelligence, hit points, and magic points. There are 200 items and 42 spells available to equip your gladiators, including armors, bows, weapons, magical staves, and more! As each combatant grows with your clan they will age as well and eventually retire. Careful planning and management of your clan can ensure you never have an off season.
Battles of Norghan