By Michael Fontanini / May 5th, 2016
Frozenbyte, a Finnish game developer, is happy to reveal May 17 as the release date for their stealth-action game Shadwen. It will initially launch on PC (including OS X and Linux) and PlayStation 4. Pricing for the game will vary slightly from one platform to another. For PC players the game will launch with a discounted price tag of $14.55 / 14.55 € or less. Once the launch discount expires it will be priced at $16.99 / 16.99 € across all platforms and stores.
You will be able to purchase the game from Steam®, PSN™, GOG.com, Humble Store, Origin™, the Mac® App Store®, and the GeForce NOW™ store. Frozenbyte’s press release also includes a trailer and a bunch of new screens of the game in action, which you can check out below.
Check out the full press release below:
SHADWEN™ LAUNCHING ON MAY 17
(PC, PLAYSTATION® 4)
Helsinki, Finland – 5th of May, 2016
Finnish game developer Frozenbyte is happy to confirm May 17th as the release date for its upcoming stealth-action game Shadwen (official website at www.shadwen.com). The initial launch platforms include PC, PS4™, OS X® and Linux.
The launch price of the game will vary slightly based on platforms and stores and their pricing policies. On PC it will be $14.55 / 14.55 € or less, and the regular price once the launch discount is over will be $16.99 / 16.99 € across all platforms and stores.
Shadwen is a stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden – or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily’s eyes.
Will Shadwen risk the girl’s budding trust by resorting to violence, or try and find another way while keeping her real purpose concealed?
To kill or not to kill – that is the question.
The release announcement trailer at https://youtu.be/hoE8MG4oW8k showcases the game and its physics-based world and the emotional story:
- MOVE FREELY – Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- STAY HIDDEN – Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
- TIME IS AN ACCOMPLICE – Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- USE PHYSICS – Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- CREATE TRAPS AND HAZARDS – Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- TWO CHARACTERS – Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.
New Screenshots (14 April 2016)
FrozenbyteGeForce NOW StoreGOG.comHumble StoreMac App StorePlayStation 4PSNShadwenSteam