By Josh Speer / April 20th, 2016
If you’re anything like me, you’ve patiently been waiting for the day that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth hits the Vita. While that day is still lurking nebulously in the mists of time, fortunate Xbox One and PS4 owners in North America and Europe will soon get their hands on the extensive DLC as soon as May 10th. Published by Nicalis, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth will launch for the low price of $10.99. Some might think that’s not so cheap for DLC, but when you consider it will purportedly add 100 hours of additional gameplay as well as thousands of new room setups, new items, modes, bosses and more, it certainly sounds like a bargain to me. Best of all, those of us with a Wii U won’t have to wait long, according to Nicalis. That version of the game is supposed to launch sometime in the coming months, with hopefully the Vita version not too far behind. To see even more new features in this crazy game, look at the list of content below.
– Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
– Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
– Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
– Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
– Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
– 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
– 1000+ new room designs
– MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
– 120 new items–not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards–taking the item count up beyond 500!
– Alternate soundtrack!
– New secret transformations!
Uber secrets including:
– Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
– 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
– Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
– 100+ enemies, with new designs
– 8 new bosses
AfterbirthDLCMay 10thMicrosoftPS4SonyThe Binding of IsaacXbox One