By Operation Rainfall Contributor / April 12th, 2016
Yesterday, we posted some teaser images from Dengeki PlayStation for the reveal of Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune. This will be Compile Heart’s newest entry in the Neptunia franchise. Dengeki PlayStation’s article has now been posted and features new details for the upcoming RPG.
This time around, the Neptunia series is changing things up a bit. The article explains that, the world is completely new and the characters will come with some changes. Tsunako is back as character designer and has put our four favorite goddesses in fantasy appropriate attire. Neptune will be a Holy Knight, Noire is a Black Night, Blanc is a Priest, and Vert will be an Enchanter.
Gematsu has translated some interesting bits of information from the interview:
- This time we’re trying to represent the characters differently to make a fantasy version of Neptunia.
- The title has the word “Online,” but it is not an online game. The setting sees Neptune and company playing in an online game world.
- It is the game that Vert is playing in the main Neptunia titles, but Vert is not the protagonist. The four goddesses are. Vert might have a bit of a greater importance though.
- The four goddesses will little by little become allies, but they’ll all become allies early on.
- Look forward to a followup report regarding additional characters set to appear.
- The story begins when Neptune and company, while normally playing Four Goddesses Online, notice the presence of new characters, and then go on to fight those that are enemies.
- Development is 20 to 30 percent complete. The release window might be winter.
This sounds to be some sort of nod to the popular manga and anime series Sword Art Online.
Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune is currently being developed for an announced platform.
Four Goddesses OnlineNeptuneNeptunia