By Tyler Lubben / May 26th, 2015
Over the weekend, From Software’s gothic action title, Bloodborne, received a new patch, bringing the game to version 1.04. While the previous patch’s biggest claim to fame was the fact that it made much-needed cuts to the game’s overall load times, this update makes slight changes to many of Bloodborne’s mechanics, including online multiplayer, stamina costs for certain weapons and drop rates for items.
One of the most notable changes is the ability for players to hold up to 600 healing Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets in their storage boxes instead of the usual 99, meaning that having to grind for more of either will be much less of an issue. Additionally, as an avid Kirkhammer user, I’m pleased that they lowered the amount of stamina used when attacking with this weapon.
The complete patch notes, translated by DualShockers, can be viewed below:
- By using password matching, you can now be matched regardless of level difference, and even with a hostile oath.
- Conditions for the appearance of the insight store changed: it will appear when the player has one or more insight instead of 10 (Once unlocked, it will now remain unlocked for the rest of the game, even if you have zero insight).
- Added a “blood chunk” item to the insight store (it will appear after playing the game up to a point). It costs 30 Insight.
- Up to 600 Blood vials and quicksilver bullets can now be stored in the storage.
- Adjusted the strength of some enemies in some areas in new game plus.
- Adjusted the resistance and vulnerability of some enemies to bolt and arcane attacks.
- Changes made to how Beasthood accumulates. This increases duration and improves attack of beast mode.
- Adjusted the effect of Beast Blood Pellet item.
- Fixed a bug of the attack force of the Rifle Spear. In particular, it was fixed a problem with the use of Blood Gems.
- Reduced the stamina use of the Kirkhammer.
- Reduced the stamina use of the Logarius’ Wheel.
- Increased the duration of Old Hunter Bone and reduced the use of Quicksilver Bullets (reduced from 5 to 4).
- Increased the duration of the effect of Tiny Tonitrus. Increased attack force. Attack force with low arcane will be higher.
- Increased the duration of the effect of Augur of Ebrietas. Attack force with low arcane will be higher.
- Reduced the Quicksilver Bullet cost for use of A Call Beyond (reduced from 8 to 7).
- Reduced the Quicksilver Bullet cost for use of Choir Bell (reduced from 8 to 7).
- Added Short Ritual Root Chalice to the insight store after completing the Pthumeru Chalice dungeon. It costs 10 Insight.
- It’s possible to take advantage of the Short Ritual Root Chalice from an earlier stage of the game.
- Added a random rewards when killing a Chalice dungeon boss. They will now drop a random Blood Gem in addition to weapon enhancement materials.
- Different depths of Chalice Dungeons will now drop different Blood Stones
- Depth 1: Blood Stone Shard
- Depth 2: Twin Blood Stone Shard
- Depth 3: Twin Blood Stone Shard and Blood Stone Chunk (Rare)
- Depth 4: Blood Stone Chunk
- Depth 5: Blood Stone Chunk and Blood Rock (Rare)
- Increased the level of Blood Gems available in Depth 1-3 Dungeons.
- Increased the amount of Blood Echoes dropped in Chalice Dungeons.
- Co-op partners joining a cursed dungeon will only see their HP reduced by 50%, and not by 65% as it was before.
- When starting co-op in a chalice dungeon, you will now spawn in the lantern room.
- Weapons with special names like “uncanny” and so forth can now be purchased from the Bath Messengers once found.
- Adjusted the brightness of the screen when finding a pool of Blood Echoes on the ground.
- Corrected the bug that disconnect you from online mode when in stand-by.
- Corrected a bug that caused enemies not to be displayed correctly for co-op guests when moving fast.
- Further tweaks and bug fixes.
Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with these new changes. Though it is odd that they removed the level restrictions when using the game’s password system to play online, this at least means that players new to the game will be able to connect with friends who may have otherwise overpowered characters. How do you like the changes made to the game? Let us know in the comments.
Bloodborne is available on Amazon: