By Crystal Colwell / May 20th, 2014
We reported the other day that GungHo would soon be releasing a set of games on PSN in North America, and today is that day! Five games from the original PlayStation have been imported digitally to PSN, though without localization.
Reading over some of the comments from the previous article, I can see that many of you wondered the same thing that I had. Why not give the games a full localization so that they could be enjoyed by all? A couple of the games sound like something I would be willing to try out, but I admit I don’t know Japanese, so I’ll have to pass on them. Do you plan to purchase any of these titles? Would your opinion be different if they received a full localization? Let us know in the comments.
See the full press release below.
Company Adds Five Original PSone® Japanese Imports to North American Digital Portfolio
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – May 20, 2014 – GungHo Online Entertainment America (GOEA), a multiplatform publisher for the online gaming community, today released five classic Japanese market PlayStation® titles on the PlayStation®Network Import section. Each title can be purchased online now for $5.99.
With a focus on bringing additional imports to the PSN, GOEA’s digital portfolio features a diverse mix of titles, ranging from timeless role-playing games (RPGs) to casual quick-play titles and simulators – all available in their original and unaltered form.
The five Japanese classic imports include:
- Sarara’s Little Shop – In this immersive and interactive RPG, players must take control of their item shop and help outfit adventurers to safely traverse treacherous dungeons and snap some fantastic loot. Each player’s experience may vary based on the decisions they make.
- Dragon Beat Legend of Pinball – Featuring old-school pinball fun, this classic features two unique modes – a “simple” mode that replicates standard pinball experience, while the other takes players on a steel ball adventure to defeat a dragon and save the lovely princess.
- Heroine Dream 2 – Oozing with ’90s style and charm, this idol-simulation series tasks players to carefully manage the up-and-coming “heroine,” helping her burst onto the scene with style. With each decision affecting the game’s ending, players must properly balance their “heroines” confidence, athleticism and stress in order to rise to the top. In addition, the original Heroine Dream will release Tuesday, June 3 on the PSN.
- NEO PLANET – Fly through space in this challenging simulator! To terraform a whole new planet to become the second earth, NEO PLANET, players must carefully balance each planet’s ecosystem, all while developing it for potential colonization.
- Tokyo 23-Ku Seifuku Wars – In a war-stricken, uniform-banned and post-apocalyptic Tokyo, our hero has been sucked into conflict – her brother is missing and she must uncover the truth. To do so, players must prepare the ultimate squad of student soldiers to send into large-scale combat against their rivals. Featuring rock-paper-scissors type battle gameplay, based on the elemental attributes of each school uniform, the game places heavy emphasis on event scenes and simulation elements.
ABOUT GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
GungHo Online Entertainment America is a multiplatform publisher dedicated to delivering the best titles, content and support for the online gaming community. Established in 2012 and led by former Square Enix and XSEED Games executive Jun Iwasaki, GungHo Online Entertainment America is the US division of GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE), an established Japanese publisher. GungHo Online Entertainment America’s content partners include leading developers Grasshopper Manufacture, Game Arts, Acquire, and Gravity, all of which are subsidiaries of GOE. GungHo Online Entertainment America publishes and distributes network-oriented games for console, handheld, mobile, tablet, and MMO-style games for PC. GungHo Online Entertainment America is located in El Segundo, CA. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com.
GungHoGungHo Online Entertainment America