– Press release – Gothenburg, Sweden. March 4, 2014
Dear friend-in-games, it’s us again!
Finally we can reveal the dates for our much-anticipated release ofSteamWorld Dig for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. SteamWorld Dig will be released on March 18 in America (SCEA) and March 19 in the EU (SCEE). The list price is $9,99 (US) and 8,99€ (EU), but will be available at a 20% discount to PlayStation Plus members for the first week. Starting on the launch date, the game will also feature in Sony’s Spring Fever promotion on PSN.
SteamWorld Dig will be available in a slew of strange, wonderful languages and will also be cross-buy, which is nice: buy the game on either platform, and get it for free on the other as well. It will run at a smooth 60 fps in native resolutions on PS4 and Vita.
Hearing us rant about the incredible reception for the 3DS and Steam versions – or how SteamWorld Dig became a multiple GOTY nominee and winner – can get tiresome and braggish. Therefore, listen instead to some feedback on the news that SteamWorld Dig is coming to PSN. We announced this through the official PlayStation.Blog a few weeks ago:
– “Can’t wait to buy this game it looks Great!”
– “This is perhaps some of THE BEST news I’ve heard in a long time!!! Saying this game will be perfect on the Vita is the understatement of the century!!”
– “Picked this up on PC over the holiday and played the hell out of it. Looking forward to playing it again and collecting trophies!”
– “YES! Awesome! Thanks so much for bringing to the Sony ecosystem!”
…and of course, there’s always one of these guys around:
– “How the heck is indie games fun? They all suck!”
Branded as a “platform mining adventure” in a steampunk/Western setting, SteamWorld Dig lets players take the role of Eastwood-esque robot protagonist Rusty in order to save a mining town in need. The plot thickens as he digs deeper into an underground full of treasure and terrors…
For more info, visit the SteamWorld Dig website:http://www.steamworldgames.com/dig
Official HD trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-9OPMUz4w
Follow us: www.twitter.com/ImageForm
Like us: www.facebook.com/SteamWorldDig
Image & Form is a Swedish game developer based in rainy, windy Gothenburg. SteamWorld Dig is the most recent game in the SteamWorld series, and is a nominee and winner of numerous Game of the Year awards. Image & Form’s biggest success prior to SteamWorld Dig is the acclaimed iOS/Android real-time strategy game Anthill.