By Leah McDonald / October 21st, 2021
Turn-based RPG Spire of Sorcery is now available in Steam Early Access. Combine spellcasting, alchemy and equipment to lead a party of runaway mages in a quest to help a sentient magical citadel mend the broken world of Rund.
From developer Charlie Oscar:
Explore the world, and use your spells, alchemy, and gear to engage with the realms of life, death, and chaos to help the sentient to confront your enemies and gather resources and knowledge to increase your power. Manage your party, taking their mood and personal traits into account; find new members and level them up to make your cabal more powerful. In combat, cast your spells using a unique deck-building system, and empower your mages with alchemic potions and special equipment.
Spire of Sorcery mixes turn-based strategy, RPG, exploration and roguelite elements: the world of Rund is larger than what you can explore in a single play-through, and every challenge and situation you will find in the game has alternative solutions.
- Explore the original world of Rund to discover creatures, resources and recipes
- Cast spells, including combos, to affect opponents and trigger environmental effects
- Concoct substances that range from curative to explosive
- Prevail in encounters by combining the effects of spellscasting, alchemy & equipment
- Manage your party, considering mood and personal traits of its members
- Find new party members and increase their stats to reach their true potential
- Taste any resource that you find to modify the looks of your party members
- Collect resources to cook food that may taste great (or horrible)
- Expand the Spire with new rooms that offer new mechanics
- Break into ancient barrows, dispel cursed weepers & battle infection-ridden gigglers
- Resolve mini-stories that pose moral choices, affecting the mood of your party
Spire of Sorcery is available for €20/$20 USD/¥2.000 and in seven languages (English, Japanese, Korean, German, French, Russian and Simplified Chinese).
Charlie OscarRPGSpire of SorcerySteam Early Accessturn-based strategy