By Michael Fontanini / October 1st, 2021
Developer Grimbart Tales and publisher Assemble Entertainment have brought ITORAH to Steam’s October Next Fest celebration. You can try out the new hour-long demo through October 7th. Inside, you’ll experience parts of the game that have never been shown yet. Players will encounter brand new biomes and a formidable new boss battle.
ITORAH is set to arrive on Steam sometime during the remainder of 2021. It takes a lot of inspiration from Mesoamerican culture. The 2D platformer features vibrant graphics mixed with streamlined Metroidvania elements. Itorah embarks on an adventure to save her world. Known as Nahucan, the land finds itself under siege, as a strange plague threatens to destroy it!
Enjoy a heartwarming story involving a great quest, love, and sacrifice. Prepare yourself for challenging platforming, formidable bosses, and master new abilities along the way. Below are some highlights from the press release:
Key Features of ITORAH Include:
- Hand-Crafted Quality: Explore a beautifully realized world inspired by South and Central American landscapes, each lovingly hand-painted by the development team to breathe life into the world of Nahucan
- Fluid Controls: Enjoy a staggering amount of animations that truly bring Itorah and her amazing range of abilities to life in the hands of players
- Make Friends Along the Way: As the old saying goes, the “real treasure is the friends made along the way,” and Itorah will need the help of her new allies to help her defeat the great evil threatening the land
- Good ol’ Fashioned Platforming: When she isn’t hacking and slashing her way across the landscape, Itorah will need to keep her jumping and dodging skills as sharp as her ax as she conquers progressively more difficult puzzles and platforming sections
- Unravel the Mystery: Is Itorah the only human left, and if so, what happened to everyone else? Get to the bottom of the mystery with plenty of exciting twists and turns along the way as the brave young warrior battles her way through lush forests, ancient temples, and more on her quest to save Nahucan!
- Challenging Bossfights: Face Nahucan’s voracious fauna and imposing bosses. There’s no moving on until all foes have been vanquished!
Assemble EntertainmentGrimbart TalesItorah