By Walter P / June 14th, 2021
WayForward announced today that all five titles in the Shantae series will be coming to the PlayStation 5 within the coming months. Those who have the games on the PlayStation 4 will get free upgrades. The games will also be available physically through Limited Run Games with both a standard and collector’s editions. Dates for the digital releases and pre-orders for the physical will be announced at later dates. Additionally, it was mentioned that the original Shantae will be released both physically and digitally on the PlayStation 4. Each of the five games will be released separately:
- Shantae — The one that started it all! Experience Shantae’s classic original adventure and stop the self-proclaimed Queen of the Seven Seas, Risky Boots, from finding four powerful elemental stones! Now with trophies for the first time!
- Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut — Risky Boots is back with another sinister scheme! Put an end to her plans by acquiring three Magic Seals from the devious Barons of Sequin Land.
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse — Shantae sets sail for swashbuckling action as she gains new Pirate Gear abilities and teams up with her nemesis to face an even greater threat!
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition — In Shantae’s first full HD adventure, she must thwart a number of villainous plots perpetrated by her greatest foes! Several extra modes are included, offering new play mechanics and modified levels.
- Shantae and the Seven Sirens — New Half-Genie friends, new transformations, and new enemies await as Shantae travels to tropical Paradise Island where a mysterious sunken city lies beneath the waves. Featuring a new collectible Monster Card system and an animated intro by Studio TRIGGER!
SOURCE: Press Release
E3 2021PS5ShantaeShantae SeriesWayForward