By Michael Fontanini / May 1st, 2021
Meridiem Games and Raiser Games are going to release a boxed Deluxe Edition of the upcoming PlayStation 4 game, Song of Horror. Meridiem Games will distribute this physical edition across Europe this summer according to the press release. It will include a special artwork sleeve, a map where players can write down clues, and a character guide with details on character abilities and how they fit into the story.
Song of Horror is a cinematic third-person horror adventure. Focusing on terrifying narrative inspired by the works of Lovecraft, M.R. James, and Poe. In the game, the famous writer Sebastian P. Husher is missing, as is his family. Worried by Husher not being there, his editor sends an assistant to his home to check on him. To make matters worse, this unfortunate assistant never comes back! These events soon reveal a dark entity known as The Presence, which seems to be at the center of it all.
The press release also included the following list of game features:
- Song of Horror offers a truly dynamic terror experience: its antagonist, the supernatural entity known only as The Presence, is controlled by an advanced AI (Artificial Intelligence) that adapts to your actions and decisions.
- Experience unbearable fear as this otherworldly being responds to your way of playing and hunts you down in unexpected ways, offering a unique experience to every player and gameplay where tension builds up naturally instead of coming from scripted sequences.
- As a player, you will live this story through the eyes of a varied set of characters related to the story in their own way. Every character is different, and brings their unique point of view to the investigation, allowing them to approach clues and items differently.
- Their actions and decisions will shape the world: some of them will know more or less of certain aspects of the story; some will be more effective against supernatural manifestations, but all of them can die if the Presence gets to them – and death is permanent. If they die, you will have to pick the story up with another one, and continue the investigation so their deaths are not in vain.
- A mysterious antique shop, a forgotten abbey, an abandoned mental hospital… Each location in Song of Horror is inspired by the classics of the genre. Explore and investigate these haunted places to gather clues and items that will help you solve challenging puzzles while enduring the agonizing tension of the game’s atmosphere.
Meridiem GamesProtocol GamesRaiser GamesSong of Horror