By Patrick Aguda / April 21st, 2021
Capcom has announced that they will release The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles in North America and Europe on July 27th for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam. The compilation includes both The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve which launched in Japan for Nintendo 3DS in 2015 and 2017 respectively. This release will mark the first time the games are available outside of Japan. Players take control of Phoenix Wright’s ancestor, Ryunosuke Naruhodo, in the late 19th century. The game will have dual audio and feature English and Japanese voice options.
The compilation was announced in a special video featuring Ace Attorney series creator, Shu Takumi. You can check out that video below.
You can check out more information on the game below from a fact sheet provided by Capcom.
Get ready to cross-examine your opponents and reason your way to justice in The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, releasing for the first time in North America and Europe on July 27, 2021. The collection tells the story of an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, the protagonist of the iconic Ace Attorney courtroom adventure series. In The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, players take on the role of a defense attorney to track down evidence, argue in court and ensure a just ruling. Featuring newly recorded English voices, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles includes The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve, both previously only available in Japan.
Set in the late 19th century during Japan’s Meiji Period and London’s Victorian era, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles follows Ryunosuke Naruhodo as he works to sleuth out the truth in witnesses’ testimonies and clear his clients’ names in court. Players will unravel the mysteries behind 10 thrilling cases and eight mini escapades filled with a zany cast of over-the-top characters – including local ace detective Herlock Sholmes.
- Two Games in One – For the first time, players in North America and Europe will experience 10 thrilling episodes from The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve, previously only available in Japan.
- Introducing an All-New Cast – The collection follows Ryunosuke Naruhodo, an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, alongside a colorful new cast of characters including the quirky ace detective, Herlock Sholmes.
- New Gameplay Mechanics – The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles debuts two new gameplay experiences to raise the stakes in and out of the courtroom.
- Dance of Deduction – When conducting crime scene investigations, players will team up with Herlock Sholmes and deduce mistakes in the detective’s overboard logic to uncover new facts.
- Summation Examination – During courtroom sequences, players must point out discrepancies among jurors’ arguments to make their defendant’s case and ultimately secure a “Not Guilty” verdict. Art Gallery and Auditorium – Experience the beautiful artwork, music and voice recordings of The Great Ace Attorney, presented in full-fledged galleries for players to enjoy.
- Bonus Content Included – In addition to the two games, the collection also includes exciting bonus content that was previously released as DLC content or through special events in Japan.
- Eight additional mini-episodes
- Two “Special Trial” videos
- Thirteen video clips from “Ryunosuke Naruhodo’s Seven Days of Sin”
- Three alternate costumes
You can check out some screenshots and character art for the game below.
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles will be available both physically and digitally for Nintendo Switch, and digitally for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam. The compilation will cost $39.99. Those who pre-order or purchase the game early will receive the ‘From the Vaults’ DLC. This DLC adds 29 pieces of art to the Gallery and 25 pieces of music to the Auditorium.
The game will also be purchasable in a digital-only bundle for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC (Steam) called the Ace Attorney Turnabout Collection. The bundle will cost $59.99 and includes The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, and the ‘From the Vaults’ DLC.
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles launches on July 27th, 2021 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam. You can reach its official website HERE. Are you ready to step into the shoes of Ryunosuke Naruhodo?
SOURCE: Capcom PR Media Alert
AnnouncementCapcomlaunch datePCPS4screenshotsSteamSwitchThe Great Ace Attorney ChroniclesTrailer