By Leah McDonald / February 11th, 2020
After months of a daily routine of 101 push-ups, 101 sit-ups, 101 squats, and running 10.1KM, the chosen one is ready for his journey across hundreds of levels in One Finger Death Punch 2 on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
In One Finger Death Punch 2, players take on the role of the chosen one (AKA white stick figure) as they fight through wave after wave of bad guys. Using their advanced martial arts techniques, various weapons, deadly skills, and surroundings, players can fight their way across over 400 levels, 15 level types, four endless survival modes, and two gauntlet run game modes all while helping the chosen one learn a total of 26 new skills.
“My brother and I haven’t seen the chosen one this pumped for a console release in a long time,” says Silver Dollar Games’ Jon Flook. “Throughout development, he kept muttering something about needing to show everyone in Z-City who the real one-hit wonder is. Even though we told him being a one-hit wonder isn’t necessarily a good thing, he would just glare at us until things started getting uncomfortable and we had to leave the room.”
- As Fast As Ever: The lightning-fast gameplay is back without any compromise to the tight two-button control scheme. At the highest speeds, it’s blazing fast, but still manageable.
- Single Player Experience: The game is a single player experience, designed for short bursts of entertainment. Play while waiting for online matches in other games to start, or just use it as a pallet cleanser between genres.
- New Level Types: As you play through the game, you’ll be challenged by new level types, such as Deadly Target, Horror Show, Blade Storm, Ghost, Drunken Master and many more.
- Skills Return: There are 26 skills in the game. Some old ones return, some new ones emerge. Unlike OFDP1, which restricted you to 5 skills at a time, OFDP2 lets you have all 26 skills active at the same time. It gives you an incredible sense of power.
- Couch Cooperative Survival: There is a limited couch cooperative survival mode that you and friend can play together. Take turns tagging in and out of combat, and the resting player regenerates health. Because there are two of you, the survival challenge is much harder. Note that this is a limited experience, and you should purchase OFDP2 for its single player merits alone.
One Finger Death Punch 2 is currently available on Steam, Humble Store, and Kartridge. The game hits the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and GOG on Feb. 26, 2020.
nintendo switchOne Finger Death Punch 2Silver Dollar GamesSteamXbox One