By Patrick Aguda / December 26th, 2018
The latest issues of Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation have some new information on the latest Ys game, Ys IX: Monstrum Nox. The game is set after the events of Ys Seven and features an older Adol Christin. Adol’s reputation as an adventurer is becoming more well-known around the world.
The latest installment, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, took place before the events of Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim and Ys Seven. This upcoming game will feature Adol at his oldest, compared to previous games in the series. Adol Christin was 23 years old during the events of Seven, which was the latest game chronologically until Ys IX was announced. The party based system and controls from the more recent games will return in this installment as well.
You can check out more information below. The interviews were conducted with Falcom CEO and president, Toshihiro Kondo. (Translation by Gematsu)
- The concept of the game is the subtitle “Monstrum Nox” (Monsters’ Night) itself.
- The game’s setting, Baldeux, is a three-dimensional town with different elevations. Its outskirts include grasslands, forests, and ruins.
- Set in an era after Ys Seven, Adol will appear at his oldest age in the series yet. His name as an adventurer is becoming known all over the world.
- Party battles and simple controls return. Additionally, the game introduces supernatural actions that lean on the supernatural abilities possessed by Monstrum. Wall-running and moving as a shadow are also possible.
- The new “Guild Operations” system is an expansion of Ys VIII‘s “Drifting Village” system.
- The hooded woman equipped with artificial arms and legs is a major key to the game’s story.
- Development is currently 50 percent complete.
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is set to launch in Japan for PlayStation 4 in 2019. Are you prepared to go on an adventure with a more experienced Adol Christin?
Dengeki PlayStationFalcominformationPS4Weekly FamitsuYs IX: Monstrum NoxYs series