By Andreas Placakis / October 26th, 2018
After its successful introduction on Steam, Mandragora Studio‘s funky creation finally makes the leap to console, more specifically to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Freaky Awesome combines the rogue-lite mechanics of The Binding of Isaac with a wacky setting, suitable for any of the installments of the Toxic Avenger movie franchise. If we add to this the possibility of participating in multiplayer games for up to four people, we will have one of the funniest titles of the season.
Join three friends and finish off the unpleasant beings you’ll find in your path, as you become deadly creatures after being in contact with different mutagens.
Main Features: (Taken From Press Release)
- Mutate to survive: mutagens replenish your health but also changes you into wild forms – each with different mechanics and powers!
- Gain new mutations! Slay bosses to unlock their forms as a newly available mutation.
- Explore a mutating world: the game itself mutates! The map is randomly generated, but the game itself changes every successful run with new unlocked locations and enemies, bigger levels, stronger bosses and new mechanics.
- Avoid traps… or use them to your advantage: explosives, flying barrels, moving saws, flames and even flying pig heads are as deadly to you as to your enemies!
- Rogue-lite with permadeath: death is permanent, but your advancements too. You can keep your unlocked items, skills and mutations.
- Play solo or with friends with an up to 4 players co-op mode. You can keep the progress earned while playing multi!
SOURCE: Press Release
Freaky AwesomeMandragora Studionintendo switchPCPlayStation 4Steam