By Former Staff / June 6th, 2017
Compile Heart have revealed a brand new title exclusively for PS Vita titled Tokyo Clanpool, a new collaboration between Compile Heart and Dengeki PlayStation under a new brand titled “Den-Pool.” Character design has been handled by Manimetsu whom has done work on other Compile Heart series including Hyperdimension Neptunia.
The title is set in a fictional Japan that is isolated from the world following an attack, where the “Cyber Tactics Cabinet” was formed in order to fight demons. The prime minister, Natsume Kannuki, leads a team of girls to try to capture a demonic tower, titled the “Dark World Diet Tower.”
Dengeki PlayStation released several bits of information in a preview article online, which are summarised below.
- The Den-Pile brand is underlined with the keywords “dungeon RPG revolution.”
- Set in a near-future Tokyo, an upside-down city appears in the sky with a high rising tower connecting to the National Diet Building, forming said demonic tower mentioned earlier. The monsters in this tower overflow, meaning Japan is isolated from the world.
- The “Cyber Tactics Cabinet” is formed with the intention of rebuilding the government and fighting the monsters. They also aim to capture the demonic tower.
- There are customisation systems such as the “Gadgeteers” system. This system contains spirits personified as gadgets.
- There are other systems related to it’s systems like “bills” and “elections.”
- Dengeki PlayStation will feature world and character introductions, as well as an interview with the producer Makoto Kitano and the illustrator Minatsu.
- Characters fight through transformations using a “Cyber Smartphone.”
- Another game system includes the ability to drill holes in walls and floors, and jump over cliffs.
- Dungeon exploration is live streamed to the people of Tokyo where they will judge you. A high approval rating leads to special bonuses and support money.
Finally, you can have a maximum of four party members. They are the following people (translation credit to Gematsu)
- Natsume Kannuki (voiced by Manami Numakura) – The protagonist. The Cyber Tactics Cabinet’s first Prime Minister. She is a bit sloppy and rough.
- Chiyo Saionji (voiced by Yoko Hikasa) – The daughter of a large enterprise. She is strong-willed and hates crooked things. She works as the Chief Cabinet Secretary.
- Hotaru Urushihara (voiced by Aimi Tanaka) – The lacking self-confidence and always nervous Minister of Defense. She has a timid personality and is always trying to gauge the feelings of those around her.
- Mikuri Kirigakure (voiced by Aya Uchida) – The quarter-foreign Minister of Foreign Affairs. She is a gentle-mannered and kind girl. She loves Japanese culture, but something feels out of place.
Finally, a teaser trailer was released. You can watch it below. There is currently no mention on a Japanese release date.
Compile Heartdengeki palysttondungeon rpgexclusivenew game announcementPS Vitatokyo clanpool