By Alex Irish / April 26th, 2017
The EGX Rezzed 2017 expo has awarded Persona 5 its Game of the Show. Publisher Gamer Network revealed that 17,000 attendees came to the London event and contributed votes to Atlus’ JRPG sensation in an exit poll. Out of the 220 games on display, 20 games stood above the rest with Persona 5 on top. To wit, Playtonic Games’s Yooka-Laylee ranked at number two.
Here’s the full top 20 Games of the Show, as voted on by the exhibit’s attendees.
- 1. Persona 5 (Koch Media/Atlus)
- Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic Games)
- RiME (Six Foot Europe/Tequila Works)
- Snake Pass (Sumo Digital)
- Little Nightmares (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- Blockships (Dr Davient)
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III (Sega)
- Gang Beasts (Boneloaf)
- Battalion 1944 (Square Enix Collective/Bulkhead Interactive)
- Scanner Sombre (Introversion Software)
- The Signal From Tölva (Big Robot)
- Ooblets (Double Fine/Glumberland)
- Paladins (Hi-Rez Studios)
- Battle Chasers: Nightwar (THQ Nordic)
- Formula Fusion (R8 Games)
- Sonic Mania (Sega)
- Guns of Icarus Alliance (Muse Games)
- NERVE (Pixel Blimp)
- Phantom Halls (Incendium Games)
- Serial Cleaner (Curve Digital)
A Game of the Show honor is just one of the many bestowed on Persona 5. In addition to having the best launch sales in the series, it has been given critical accolades, an Excellence Award from Famitsu, and “User’s Choice” and “Gold Prize” awards from the PlayStation Awards 2016.
For those readers outside of the UK, EGX Rezzed is London’s equivalent to PAX conventions in the US, similarly showcasing games from across the spectrum prior to their release. This year’s show took place from March 30th to April 1st. While no dates have been decided for next year’s show, 96% of polled attendees did say they were likely to return to a future EGX.
AwardsEGX Rezzed 2017LondonPersona 5