By Joseph Puntschart / March 8th, 2017
Atlus U.S.A. have announced the release date for the English localisation of the Aquaplus visual novel/strategy RPG hybrid Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. This title will be launching in North America and Europe on 23rd May this year. Furthermore, a 50-page compendium artbook and a collector’s box will be included with all launch edition copies of the game for both PS4 and PS Vita in North America. This 50-page artbook will contain concept art and developers commentary about the title, as well as discussion on the in-game lore. You can preview this compendium here. Furthermore, a story trailer was released detailing the setting of this game, as well as showcasing the gameplay with the fully localised English text. You can watch this new story trailer below.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception will be launching physically and digitally for both PS4 and PS Vita in the Americas on 23rd May, and physically for PS4 and digitally for PS Vita in Europe by Deep Silver on the same day. The title’s direct sequel Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth will be launching later in the year for the same platforms. Here is some more information about the game, via Atlus U.S.A.:
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.
Source: Press Release
AquaPlusAtlusbonusecchienglish releasePS VitaPS4StingStrategy RPGutawarerumonoutawarerumono: mask of deceptionutawarerumono: mask of truthvisual novel