By Jonathan Falu / December 7th, 2016
Square Enix’s Hajime Tabata, the director of Final Fantasy XV, has recently made an announcement regarding free updates for the game. In the post, Tabata expresses his excitement for players enjoying the game and how the series has shipped five million units worldwide on release day. Though even with the release, he doesn’t plan to end the series here, wanting players to enjoy the game for a long time.
Currently, plans are to “enrich certain aspects of the game.” This includes things such as:
- enhancements to Chapter 13
- buffing ring magic
- additional story scenes regarding character motivations, such as with Ravus
- making certain key characters playable
- customizable avatars
- carry over stats from previous playthrough
- items introducing new play-styles
- low-level runs and god mode
- tweaking font size for certain language
- new bosses with exclusive rewards and achievements
They also re-confirmed they are working on the DLC for the game, along with the season pass available now. We also have a bit more information on them over here. Though in addition to the character DLC, there is also DLC labeled as a Holiday Pack, Booster Back, and even an Expansion Pack. Unfortunately, details are scarce on this new DLC coming out.
DLCFinal Fantasy XVHajime TabataSquare EnixSquare Enix Blog