By Tyler Trosper / October 24th, 2016
A free demo releases today for Wales Interactive’s new VR horror game, Don’t Knock Twice. The demo is available for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. A Playstation VR demo is scheduled to release later this year. A non-VR version of the game will also hit PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
Don’t Knock Twice is being developed alongside the movie of the same name starring Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) and directed by Caradog James (The Machine). The plot of the game follows a mother as she tries to find her daughter amidst an urban legend involving a terrifying witch.
Wales Interactive further described the game:
Don’t Knock Twice is a first-person VR horror game based on a psychologically terrifying urban legend. To save her estranged daughter, a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch. One knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.
Explore a grand manor house environment in VR and interact with almost every object you see. To find and save your daughter, you will explore all depths of the manor, searching for hidden clues and using items to fight or escape the terror that surrounds you.
· An intuitive VR horror experience. Play with or without a VR device.
· Developed alongside the Don’t Knock Twice horror film starring Katee Sackhoff.
· Search everything for hidden clues and interact with almost every object.
· Combine environment items to fight or escape the terror.
· Juxtaposing a traditional manor environment with modern technology to guide you.
· Atmospheric and high-quality 3D sound for an immersive horror experience.
SOURCE: Press Release
Don't Knock TwicehorrorOculus Riftplaystation vrVR