By Operation Rainfall Contributor / January 20th, 2016
A report from Gamestalk has brought us some new details about Square Enix’s newest ‘classic’ RPG Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna. The report outlines the game’s “Gem” system which seems to work a lot like Materia from Final Fantasy VII.
Gems will come in a variety of different types. They will accompany armor and weapons and be able to attach to them to either buff the character or add magical abilities. The amount of Gems a character can carry will increase as they level up.
Gems will be available in shops, but you will need to have the right material in order to exchange it for the Gem.
A few types of Gems were introduced:
- Wall – This will allow the user to learn magic that reducing the damage received by an enemy. If you hit the timing button correctly it will increase the effect. The “Setsuna System” can also be used to extend it to the whole party.
- Provoke – This will make the enemy attack the caster, but with the Setsuna System it comes with an increase to defense.
- Firebit – A fire element attack.
- Stonebit – Magic to petrify the enemy.
- Caloric – Widens the range of attacks and increases the amount of single attacks to multiple.
- Avenger – Works as a reflect a small amount of damage.
Also, a new character “Scythe Man” has been revealed. This character does not have human emotion and plays like a reaper. His main mission seems to be to kill the Setsuna.
Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna will release on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on February 18 in Japan.
Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna