By Chris Melchin / January 6th, 2016
The Steam store page for the upcoming PC release of Final Fantasy IX has now officially gone up. The page currently shows a release date of “Early 2016”, although Gematsu originally showed the page announcing a January 2016 release (the article has since been updated with the early 2016 window). Whether this is still the plan for release or not remains to be seen, but the Steam page also contains other details about the upcoming release, such as information about new features including various boosters, autosaving and HD models and cut-scenes.
See the full description from the Steam page below:
Selling over five million copies since its release in 2000, FINAL FANTASY IX proudly returns on Steam!
Now you can relive the adventures of Zidane and his crew on PC !
Zidane and the Tantalus Theater Troupe have kidnapped Princess Garnet, the heir of Alexandria. To their surprise, however, the princess herself yearned to escape the castle.
Through a series of unusual circumstances, she and her personal guard, Steiner, fall in with Zidane and set out on an incredible journey. Meeting unforgettable characters like Vivi and Quina along the way, they learn about themselves, the secrets of the Crystal, and a malevolent force that threatens to destroy their world.
- Abilities– Learn new abilities by equipping items. When fully mastered,these abilities can be used even without equipping items,allowing for nearly endless customization options.
- Trance– Fill your Trance gauge as you sustain hits in battle. When fully charged, your characters will enter Trance mode, granting them powerful new skills!
- Synthesis– Never let items go to waste. Combine two items or pieces of equipment together and make better, stronger items!
- Minigames– Whether it’s Chocobo Hot and Cold, Jump Rope, or Tetra Master, there are plenty of minigames to enjoy when you’re not off saving the world. You can even earn special item rewards!
- Seven game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
- High-definition movies and character models.
Final Fantasy IX is getting a re-release on PC as well as Android and iOS devices, as Square Enix revealed on New Year’s Eve along with a trailer and teaser site. No official word has been given on when the smartphone versions will release, but it will likely be at or around the same time as the Steam release.
androidFinal FantasyFinal Fantasy IXiosSquare EnixSteam