By Chris Melchin / August 26th, 2015
The Hatsune Miku Expo announced that, from August 26 through to October 16, it will be running an international songwriting competition. The Expo is seeking original tracks featuring Miku, and the grand prize-winning track will be performed live by Miku at an upcoming Miku Expo concert. In addition, SonicWire, Crypton’s download distribution website, has released a 14-day free trial of Hatsune Miku V3 English.
See the announcement video for the contest below:
Miku Expo has released the details for the competition:
Grand Prize x 1
- Your song will be performed by Miku at a future Miku Expo concert!
- 100,000 JPY worth of products from SONICWIRE
- A pair of tickets to MIKU EXPO concert where the winning entry will be performed and an opportunity to take a commemorative picture on stage with Hatsune Miku (travel expenses are not covered).
Runner-ups x 2
- 30,000 JPY worth of products from SONICWIRE
- Submissions must have vocals created in Hatsune Miku vocal software only.
- Submissions must be between 3 and 5 minutes in length, in any genre.
- Submissions must be original, unreleased works not tied to any publishers, independent contracts, or management groups.
Miku Expo has a Soundcloud page where entrants can submit their entries. Full details of the contest can be found on the Hatsune Miku Expo website.
contestCrypton Future MediaHatsune MikuHatsune Miku ExpoSonicwire