By Crystal Colwell / July 29th, 2015
Warhammer: Arcane Magic is a digital boardgame from Turbo Tape Games that is now available from the App Store. For more about this title, and how it is a love letter to Warhammer, check out the press release below.
Warhammer: Arcane Magic — the premium digital boardgame from Turbo Tape Games, the studio behind UHR – Warlords and Naval War: Arctic Circle — is now available on the App Store for $9.99.
To celebrate the launch, a lucky Warhammer fan will win a pro-painted Ghorgon by Dave Taylor Miniatures!
The Ghorgon is a many-limbed, ox-headed slaughterer, possessed with an urgent need to devour and destroy anything it can catch. There are more than 60 individual skulls making up this Ghorgon model that had to be painted separately.To participate in the contest, all fans need to do is to visit www.arcanemagicgame.com and follow the instructions.
STORY & GAMEPLAY
In Warhammer: Arcane Magic, players lead a company of powerful dueling wizards through the Old World and Chaos Wastelands. As the campaign unfolds, players may unlock famous wizards such as the Dark Elf Sorceress and Chaos Sorcerer. (Others can be purchased through IAPs.) Winning battles will require nerves of steel to make the most of every dice roll, the ability to deploy the right Spells and Scrolls at the right time, and the expert use of Arcane Fulcrums — which unlock massively powerful character-specific spells that can devastate everything in a wizard’s path.
Fredrik Sundt Breien, CEO of Turbo Tape Games:
“Warhammer: Arcane Magic is our love letter to Warhammer. It’s the game I wish I could have played when I was a young Warhammer fan in Norway. If you like deep strategic gameplay, incredible spell effects, and great replayability in an amazing dark fantasy world, Warhammer: Arcane Magic is for you.”
- Collect & Cast Powerful Spells
- Unlock up to 45 unique and powerful spell cards, including the ability to bind monsters and force them to fight by your side
- Win battles and progress through campaigns to acquire spells
- Assemble Your Wizard Company
- Lead a company of up to three wizards, using their individual powers to customize your strategy
- Strengthen your strategy by purchasing new wizards from the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world—including the famed Teclis,
- Balthasar Gelt and Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
- Engage in Tactical Single-player Campaigns
- Battle powerful monsters in two campaigns across 16 lands through the Old World and Chaos Wastelands
- Use the surrounding environment to your tactical advantage by positioning yourself behind rocks, trees and monsters
- Gain control of Arcane Fulcrums to acquire new spells and magnify your powers
- Choose your Play Style with Stunning Visuals
- Play for hours or minutes in several languages: English, Norwegian, German and French
- Experience stunning 3D art with full Retina support
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Warhammer: Arcane Magic can be downloaded from the App Store for $9.99. The game will also ship with paid DLC (premium wizards now, full campaigns coming soon).
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Turbo Tape Games develops games for international markets. The studio’s previous titles, Naval War: Arctic Circle (2012) and UHR: Warlords (2014), both met with critical acclaim. Turbo Tape Games also consults in in the design and development of game-based systems for learning in the public and private sectors. To learn more about Turbo Tape Games and Warhammer: Arcane Magic, please visit www.turbotapegames.com andwww.arcanemagicgame.com
*Official Launch Trailer*
iosTurbo Tape GamesWarhammer: Arcane Magic