By Operation Rainfall Contributor / May 13th, 2014
Famitsu has revealed in their latest issue the next installment of the Shining series, Shining Resonance, which will be developed for the PlayStation 3. In addition, Wild Arms studio Media.Vision will be working on the game with Tony Taka doing character design. Taka also did character designs for other titles in the Shining series, such as Shining Hearts, Shining Blade, and Shining Ark. Flight Unit will be doing character models.
Here is what Famitsu has published about the title:
Character: Kirika Towa Alma
The girl who inherits the ancient song.
“I’m sorry, but I have no interest in humans. I only want to understand the heart of dragons.”
Class: Song Maiden
Weapon: Dragon Wing Bow
Main Magic: Sacred Magic
An elf who inherits the song of magic to manipulate the spirit power of mother nature. She is a better healer than a fighter. While she is not good at communicating with humans, she is a generally kind person.
- When you play music, it resonates with the dragon, allowing you to use a powerful technique.
- When playing, you can hear the music.
- Field and battles transition seamlessly.
And also adding character names with the forename censored out:
Main Character: Kouryuu Ilban
The protagonist of the game is said to be an outright dragon and not merely someone who resembles a monster. Human allies can have him attack by way of a weapon that plays a melody known as the Dragonic * Vessel.
Character: *** Blanshe
A black-haired princess who’s also a magic knight, she has a strong-willed temperament even with respect to the protagonist.
Character: **** Bretthart
A red-haired young man who’s something of an older brother to the protagonist.
Character: **** Zalbard
A knight in the empire who goes after dragons, namely the protagonist.
- Dragons will also show up as members of the opposition, with three of them being shown off in the magazine.
- Battle parties consist of four characters.
- Various effects can also occur beyond the previously-described interactions with dragons.
- The music that’s played in battles and their corresponding effects can change depending on the party member designated as the “center character.”
- Development is 5* percent complete.