By Steve Baltimore / September 11th, 2013
AquaPazza, a 2D fighting game featuring characters from Japanese visual novel maker Leaf, now has a North American release date. The game features characters from Utawarerumono, Tears to Tiara, To Heart, and more. There is much more information in the following press release from Atlus USA:
Mercy is for the Weak — 2-D Fighting Game AquaPazza to be Released Nov. 19 Exclusively for PlayStation 3
IRVINE, Calif. – Sept. 10, 2013 – The 2-D anime-style fighting game AquaPazza will finally be available for purchase on Nov. 19. Be prepared to fight to the last breath with unforgiving, non-stop combat, which features stunning combos, vicious chain attacks, and devastating partner matchups that can change the outcome of a fight. AquaPazza’s visually stunning animation and high adrenaline, tournament-grade action will challenge veteran fighting game aficionados and newcomers alike thanks to a variety of game modes. AquaPazza is a PlayStation 3 exclusive, and will be available in stores and on the PlayStation Network for just $29.99.AquaPazza features:
- Up-to-date fighting specifications: The North American version of the game will feature all the content through the current Japanese arcade spec (ver. 2.01), which includes several new characters and improvements for tournament-grade action.
- An eclectic cast of characters: The 13 combatants in AquaPazza are a diverse bunch, from the studious bookworm Manaka who—no kidding—attacks with a bookshelf, to the lance-wielding, shield-carrying Sasara. Moreover, the Japanese voice track will be left completely intact.
- An in-depth partner system: Players select from one of the thirteen partners to accompany them. Partners assist players as one of three classes with one of four different actions. Players get rewarded for aggressive play styles and the partners add an additional skill element to help break defensive play.
- Tournament-level competition: Developed by Examu and Aquaplus, AquaPazza has a strong backbone of fighting game mechanics with twitch response times and super attacks.
- A variety of gameplay modes: Each character has a storyline of their own, which unlocks the “another story” mode and an alternate ending. There’s also a time-attack mode, training mode, and a gallery mode.
- Online play: Take to the internet to challenge players in ranked, unranked, and friends-only matches.
AquaPazza will be available for $29.99 beginning on Nov. 19. More information will be available on the game’s official website:http://www.atlus.com/aquapazza