>IMPORTANT UPDATE : JANUARY 06, 2012
Wow! Operation Rainfall sure has come a long ways since it first began over six months ago! Since then, the campaign has taken a new direction and is under new leadership. It’s a better Operation Rainfall; a more organized version.
The most important news is that on December 2nd, 2011, Nintendo announced that Xenoblade is coming to our region on April 2nd, 2012! We at Operation Rainfall believe that how well Xenoblade sells will ultimately determine if we get the other two games the Last Story and Pandora’s Tower. This means that right now, the attention of the campaign is focused on Xenoblade, however, we are still a campaign for all three games. In fact, we have a campaign event planned for “The Last Story” later this month. We are also planning a Pandora’s Tower campaign event, after the release date of Xenoblade.
Contact NoA About “The Last Story” Day- On January 27, we currently have a “Contact Nintendo of America” day planned in which we will be mass communicating with Nintendo of America to let them know we are all still interested in The Last Story. January 27 is the one year anniversary of the games’ release in Japan. Details of the event planned for that day can be found here: http://on.fb.me/yk3BY6 (http://on NULL.fb NULL.me/yk3BY6)
Importance of Our Facebook Page. Our Facebook page has become the “hub” of our community and is currently at 11,000 people. So check it out if you have Facebook, and make sure to like the page while you are there. If you don’t have Facebook, no worries. We regularly update this blog to provide you with the latest information about our campaign, as well as the latest information about Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora’s Tower. http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall (http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/OperationRainfall)
Thank You! Thank you all for supporting us as we continue campaigning to get these great games localized. We CAN get The Last Story and Pandora’s Tower, but only if we all work together!
The original post made in June is below but the information is outdated and no longer valid. For up-to-date information on this blog, click on the Operation Rainfall logo at the top of this page.
June 28, 2011.
the third campaign in Operation Rainfall is for the Pandora’s Tower
the plan is to flood Nintendo of America, Europe, and Australia with Letters and relevant items (such as books, pages from books, covers from books, etc…) between the dates of July 25th and July 27th (that means arrival date, not send date)
add a raindrop to your letter to remind nintendo you are from Operation Rainfall
send your letters and relevant items to these addresses:
c/o Nintendo of America
4600 150th AVE NE.
Redmond, WA 98052
Conrad Abbott (President)
c/o Nintendo of Canada
150-2925 Virtual Way
Satoru Shibata (President and director of NoE)
c/o Nintendo of Europe
55-57 High Street
Nintendo of Europe GmbH
Yuji Bando (Managing director of Nintendo of Australia)
c/o Nintendo of Australia
PO BOX 804
Ferntree Gully VIC 3156
here is a template letter:
As a fan of your company and of games like Castlevania, I was extremely excited about the reveal of Pandora’s Tower. From the initial cryptic reveal, to the delightfully twisted plot details that followed, I have been craving this game all year. I am deeply concerned that this game has no North American/Australian/European release planned, especially considering the sparse lineup on the wii in the next year. I have been a Loyal fan of this company for over “X” years, and yet there hasn’t been a game worth getting on your console for nearly 8 months… and nothing on the horizon to be excited about besides Zelda and Kirby, and yet Pandora’s Tower sits completed. Please consider your company’s fans, please bring Pandora’s Tower to us.
(your name here – signed)
in addition to sending letters for those dates we would also encourage doing the following on those dates
1. e-mail nintendo about Pandora’s Tower
2. call them directly at 1-800-633-3236 (NA, other regions coming soon)
if you want something to do before then you can:
1. follow us on twitter @OpRainfall (http://twitter NULL.com/#%21/OpRainfall)
2. friend us on facebook (http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/pages/Operation-Rainfall/212751422093743)
3. watch us on Youtube (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/user/operationrainfall)
4. visit our Forums (http://oprainfall NULL.freeforums NULL.org/)
5. visit our Chat Room (http://webchat NULL.irchighway NULL.net/?channels=oprainfall)
6. sign our petition (http://www NULL.petitiononline NULL.com/OpRain01/petition NULL.html)
7. visit us on the IGN Board system (http://boards NULL.ign NULL.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/203345328/p1/)
8. contact us directly by e-mail (oprainfall null@null gmail NULL.com)
9. wishlist on Amazon (http://www NULL.amazon NULL.com/Pandoras-Tower-Until-Return-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B004VPXR64/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309517338&sr=8-3)
10. preorder from VGP (Canada) (http://www NULL.videogamesplus NULL.ca/product_info NULL.php?products_id=18991)
11. spread the word, tell friends submit out info to game blogs, anything to spread the word