Famitsu recently sat down with the man behind the hit gaming phenomenon known as Kingdom Hearts, Tetsuya Nomura. During their chat, Nomura layed out some further details on the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX.
- The screen for each game will be rearrange to accomodate for widescreen support, including rearrangements of the HUD.
- The models for Sora and company have been replaced with the ones from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
- Trophy support for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.
- Game mechanics have been updated to make the gameplay feel more like Kingdom Hearts II.
- 70% of main story of 358/2 Days will be represented with over 100 new scenes created with full voice acting.
- Nomura originally wanted to do a full remake of 358/2 Days but did not have enough time in production to start such a project, thus the decision to utilize Theatre Mode to tell the story.
When asked about whether or not Kingdom Hearts II would be getting the same treatment, Nomura responded with a laugh saying:
“It’d be unusual if there wasn’t.”
Does that mean we can expect news of a Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX in the future? Perhaps after 1.5 drops? We can only hope.
“I figured since there were people who had a hard time keeping up with the sequels, we had to start from the beginning with Kingdom Hearts HD. I also thought that familiar fans might make new discoveries seeing everything in chronological order with the sequels side by side. I’m happy to be restarting this title.”
With the series spread over a vast number of console and handheld hardware, it is certainly nice to have a collection all in one place to enjoy the series in chronological order. Though if this is your first time playing through the series you will receive some story elements out of order as the series was released FAR from chronological order.
If Square-Enix is to release a Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX, I can only assume that they would put Birth By Sleep in that collection since it is lacking from 1.5; though that would mean that this series would not be in a proper chronological order. This is, of course, all speculation as there are no details on what may be coming after 1.5’s release.
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX is currently only announced for release in Japan sometime in 2013.
Source (http://gamenyarth NULL.blog67 NULL.fc2 NULL.com/blog-entry-12078 NULL.html)