We here at OpRainfall love to we keep you up to date with current niche games being released; we don’t disappoint with our next preview. Here we bring you a game from the independent games production company, Wired Productions (http://www NULL.wiredproductions NULL.com/). Their latest endeavor is the catchy new title Let’s Fish! Hooked On. Luring us in with some great info and screen shots, the fine people at Wired Productions have given us plenty of information to share with you.
Let’s Fish! Hooked On is a PS Vita game that is sure to snare your attention away from whatever other worldly things you could be doing. It was revealed recently in an interview (http://www NULL.wiredproductions NULL.com/index NULL.php/blog/c/lets-fish-exclusive-with-psn-stores) that the game promised to hold something for the core and casual gamer that lives inside of us all. Let’s dive deep into the game and see if they can reel us in with the intuitive control scheme, large selection of game play and likeable characters.
Poyoyon Rock has designed the characters with an anime themed style. Other works he has done include characters in the anime Popotan as well as computer game characters like those found in Queens Blade: Spiral Chaos and Queens Gate: Spiral Chaos. Another notable contribution he has made would be the opening movie for To Heart 2. Below we see some more beautifully done work in Let’s Fish!
The game is broken down into four parts. The different modes each offer us something unique that will encourage each player to weigh anchor and sink into. I expect a few things out of a good fishing game, mainly good fishing. Let’s Fish! takes things a step farther and offers a story mode along with their fishing. In addition to the different modes the game also dishes up a lot of content and promises to use the Vita’s touch screen capabilities which will add to your enjoyment.
Player Pleasing Content:
- Nine different types of fish to catch
- You don’t have to be an expert fisherman or fisher woman to enjoy the game
- 240 lures you can earn
- 11 themed outdoor stages
- Each stage will change include varying seasons
- Weather conditions that will effect game play
- 44 courses that offer trophies and lures
- Original pop/rock in game music
- Over 40 hours of game play
Here we have a look at just a few of the beautifully designed themed outdoor stages. I was instantly drawn into the simple yet elegant settings players will be immersed in throughout game play.
I mentioned 4 different types of modes, now its time to learn a little bit about each different one, see what unique game play elements we are going to be getting with Let’s Fish!
- 4 playable characters, each with their own full story mode.
- The characters stories will intertwine with each other allowing you to see the relationship between each character.
- Each character will have unique abilities to help you as you work toward your ultimate goal of winning the World Tour.
- This mode offers quick short bursts of fishing action and online ranking.
- Allows you to compare your fishing skills and trophy count with others playing the game.
- Obviously to help develop your mad fishing skills.
- Will allow you to view all of your prized catches.
- You can observe the behavior of the fish you have caught by taking advantage of the PS Vita’s gyroscope ability of controlling the camera.
Looking over all of the information provided to us about this game, I am happy to say this is a fishing game I can get behind. I hope that they take full advantage of the Underwater Mode and give us a very serene style that will allow us to follow the fish around, see them in all their glory. Follow us here at OpRainfall as we bring you in the coming weeks, months more information about this game, including a trailer that we hope to have soon.