By Jenae R / December 8th, 2020
SEGA has announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is now available for current and next gen consoles at a price of $39.99. You can get the game on Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. The game will be headed to Steam for PC as well, but not until next year. Feel free to check out the new launch trailer down below and read a little bit about the game. Plus, you’ll also find some extra info from SEGA below that, about future post launch support and the day one patch that’s now available. Oh and one more thing, we do have a review in the works for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 which is running a bit late, but you can look forward to reading that in the future.
A Mashup Made for Mayhem
With endless ways for newcomers and veterans alike to showcase their skills, these are just a few highlights featured in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2:
- Colorful crossover puzzle play for up to 4 players, online and offline
- Navigate a new overworld map in Adventure Mode and follow the all-new story adventure, as the characters traverse the merged worlds to rescue their pals from a dark corruption
- Replay stages for more rewards, experiment with different difficulty levels, test out your favorite playstyle, and unlock new characters, backgrounds, bonus stages and more
- 28 playable characters, both new and returning, each with their own unique abilities and stats
- Select characters with complementary skills in Skill Battle Mode to strategize and create the most powerful team possible and see how they stack up against your opponents
- Test out your skillset with the new online features, including challenging Puzzle Leagues, or play with up to four players in a variety of customizable matches in Free Play for a more casual experience
- Challenge modes including endless Tetris and Puyo Puyo add still more variety to solo and online play
December 8 is just the beginning of SEGA’s plans for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. After launch, players can look forward to more game features, additional characters, and more in an ongoing stream of free content updates!
Day 1 Patch & Update Info
To ensure that all players have the best experience possible when playing Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, there will be a Day One Patch available. Replay data will not carry over when you apply the Day One patch, so we recommend performing the update before you start playing the game. While there is a free upgrade from the PS4 to PS5 version of the game, save and trophy data cannot be carried over.
If you’d like to know more about Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, visit the game’s official website.
nintendo switchPS4PS5puyo puyoPuyo Puyo Tetris 2SegaTetrisXbox OneXbox Series X|S