By Henry Buehler / September 15th, 2020
Goner is an indie survival-horror game set on an estranged island filled with dinosaurs and ancient life. You play as Anthony Sunder, a regular man looking for his missing mother and her expedition crew. You have no guns or advanced weaponry. You must craft whatever you can to survive and fend off ravenous dinosaurs such as the deinosuchus and quetzalcoatlus with more to come.
The game has victoriously smashed it’s Kickstarter goal along with various community goals that have added more dinosaurs to the game. If other stretch goals are met, a marine dinosaur, mod support, language support, console releases, and much more could be added.
From the press release:
- Self-manage your hunger, thirst, fatigue, temperature and health.
- Hunt, collect, cook, drink, rest or craft.
- Save your progress using a specific consumable in a safe room.
- Limited inventory capacity.
- Day and night cycles with sun and moon phases + weather system.
- Complex AI and behaviors.
- Camouflage your smell with mud or water.
- Two Game Modes: Survival and Story.
- Custom your appearance and defenses with self-made armor or clothes, building and setting traps.
- The island will be filled with natural dangers such as toxic gases, poisonous flora and fauna, lava or quicksand.