By Leah McDonald / July 21st, 2020
Cooperative dungeon crawler Blightbound will hold an open beta from July 24-26, 2020, giving intrepid heroes their first chance to sample the game before it releases on Steam later this summer. The beta will be available for download beginning Friday.
The open beta is the perfect chance to preemptively nail down a party’s co-op dynamics within this dark and stylish multiplayer dungeon crawler before it welcomes mages, warriors, and assassins.
The world lies in peril. Decades ago, a band of legendary warriors slayed the dreaded Shadow Titan after a long and ferocious struggle, but their celebration was short-lived. The Shadow Titan’s true intentions revealed themselves when from his broken husk flowed the Blight; a corrupting fog that alters any living creature exposed to its evil.
In either online or local co-op, three heroes must venture down from their mountain refuge to face the abominations of the Blight, a mysterious and corrupting fog. Each player will fill a specific team role, such as warrior, assassin or mage, while exploring handcrafted dungeons, fighting monsters, grabbing loot, and recovering fallen heroes to expand their roster.
- Blightbound is an ever-expanding game with new dungeons to explore, new heroes to recover and use, and new loot to retrieve with planned free updates for the community.
- Collect over 20 unique heroes, each with their own skill set, passive abilities, and fully narrated story to complete.
- Hundreds of unique items to loot and craft to improve each hero and alter their repertoire of attacks and abilities.
- Build out your refuge atop the mountain by recruiting new artisans to craft more items, fulfilling bounties, and training your heroes.
- Battle through three distinct lands, each with several dungeons to conquer, including the eerie Gravemark, the oppressive Underhold, and precarious Blood Ridge.
- Distinct class roles that reward team play and powerful ultimate abilities that charge from fulfilling your role. Block damage as a warrior, interrupt enemies as an assassin or heal your allies as a mage.
- A stunning mix of hand-painted characters and real time 3D models and lighting effects.
Blightbound will release on Steam Early Access July 29 with a 10 percent discount from $19.99 USD.
Blightboundco-op multiplayerDevolver DigitalDungeon CrawlerRonimo GamesSteam Early Access