By Josh Speer / March 17th, 2020
One of the trickiest things about any Nintendo presentation is watching the last few games that go by in seconds. There’s always some really cool stuff there, just take Dandara from a few presentations ago. Today’s Indie World presentation added a new game today that went by in a flash, but which merits a deeper dive. That game is called Bounty Battle.
Put simply, Bounty Battle is a love letter to indie games. It’s a fighting game mash up from Merge and Dark Screen Games with tons of great cameos, such as characters from Guacamelee!, Owl Boy, Battle Chasers and much more. As a longtime fan of pretty much all indies, that sounds pretty amazing to me. It will also allow 1-4 friends to play at once, giving this an insane Smash Bros. vibe. Though it’s coming to Switch first this Summer, it’s also coming to other systems.
To see more details about Bounty Battle, just keep reading the press details below. And be sure to check out the trailer in the last portion of the Indie World presentation.
Bounty Battle – The Ultimate Indie Brawler
Bounty Battle is the indie fighting game — a multiplayer 2D fighting game, where you can pit your favorite Indie game characters against one another! Bounty Battle features more than 30 characters, each with their own unique abilities and companion Minion. Characters include the likes of Guacamelee!, Darkest Dungeon and Dead Cells, among other awesome Indies.
- A host of game modes including a story mode, couch multiplayer, practise and tutorial to discover your style
- Over 20 characters from your favourite Indie titles each with their own move set and special attacks
- Each fighter has their very own minions to summon and join the fight
- Over 10 arenas to battle on – some plucked from the worlds of their fighters
- Multiple colour and pallet swap options to fight in style!
Bounty BattleDark Screen Gamesfighting gameIndie WorldMerge Gamesnintendo switch