By Leah McDonald / February 6th, 2020
Fast-paced rogue-platformer ScourgeBringer launched today on Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Pass for PC.
Developed by Flying Oak Games, ScourgeBringer aims to channel the mystery and rawness of an early rogue-platformer, with fluid control, aerial combat, pixel graphics and a punchy soundtrack by composer Joonas Turner. The story follows hero Kyhra, who is sent away to uncover the secrets of an Eldritch monolith which is threatening to destroy her world. Armed with her trusty combat drone, she must shoot and slash her way through the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon, wherein gigantic bosses, ancient machines, strange ghosts and untold secrets from previous explorers await.
There is no backtracking, as the game structure follows a procedural combination of pre-built challenge rooms, not unlike the Binding of Isaac.
The current Early Access version will offer all core game mechanics and roughly half the content of the final game. Further game worlds, weapons, bosses, skills and quality of life improvements will be added over the coming months.
The game is in open development, with an in-game feedback system gathering feedback from players, and regular looks behind the curtain courtesy of regular development updates.
- Dive into fast-paced rogue-platforming gameplay
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with super fluid platforming controls
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…)
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets
Fully localized into English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese (simplified), ScourgeBringer will be available for $14.99 / €14,99 / £11.39. It is set to release on PC and consoles later this year.
Flying Oak Gamesplatformerrogue-likeScourgeBringerSteam Early AccessXbox Game Pass