By Leah McDonald / January 22nd, 2020
Flip through the pages of a new, inventive puzzle-platformer with Sketchbook Games’ Lost Words: Beyond the Page.
Unveiled during the New York Game Awards, Lost Words is an inventive and touching tale of a young girl’s personal growth. Izzy lives in the fantasy world of Estoria and uses her journal to deal with life’s adventures. Her recollections and imagination inspire the individual levels, creating a vibrant world with a story brimming with joyous, childlike zeal.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Navigate beautiful 2D worlds set inside a young girl’s diary by walking on the words and using them as tools to solve different puzzles.
- Immersive Storytelling. Traverse an emotionally moving narrative by renowned games writer Rhianna Pratchett as the player makes decisions which shape the events that take place in Estoria.
- Breathtaking Visual Style. Discover the watercolor world presented in the pages of the diary as well as the vibrant fantasy world of Estoria.
- Innovative Gameplay. Harness words to alter the environment to create a safe passage for the protagonist in an entirely unique and refreshing style of platforming.
- Meaningful Exploration. Gather firefly collectibles scattered across the lands of Estoria for an additional challenge.
- Award-Winning Gameplay. Winner of over a dozen accolades including Best Indie Game, Best Casual Game & Most Original Game at Game Connection Paris, Special Selection Indie Award at Reboot Develop and UKIE’s UK Game of the Show at Gamescom.
2D platformerAdventureLost Words: Beyond the PageModus GamesSketchbook Games