By Leah McDonald / October 15th, 2019
Global fans of the Swedish DJ powerhouse known as Avicii will have a chance to celebrate his life and talents when AVICII Invector releases this winter on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC, along with a re-launch on the PlayStation 4.
Created in partnership with Wired Productions Ltd., developer Hello There Games, and with the full support of AVICII Music, AVICII Invector is a fast-paced rhythm experience which fuses Avicii’s trademark brand of uplifting EDM music coupled with serene visualscapes to allow everyone to feel and experience his music in a new way.
Tim Bergling, aka Avicii, himself a lifelong gamer, worked on AVICII Invector for two years and saw the game’s original release come to fruition with a first version on PS4. The upcoming new multi-platform release will celebrate Avicii’s music and turn up the volume. Created in collaboration with the Swedish DJ, and now with his family in his honor, AVICII Invector has become more of an homage to his music since his death in 2018. Set against a backdrop of 25 of his biggest hits, Invector lets players fly solo or recreate the party feeling of an Avicii concert with local split-screen racing. Players can join space pilot Stella on her journey from one world to the next, mastering moves as they race while hitting the notes with three difficulties to master.
“AVICII Invector celebrates Avicii’s life and music by immersing players inside the pulsing rhythms, evocative lyrics, and beautiful melodies he created,” said Leo Zullo, managing director of Wired Productions. “He was an amazing talent, and as an advocate for mental health, I hope and believe this project will bring Tim Bergling’s wonderful spirit to a world that can benefit from it.”
AVICII Invector Features
- Experience Avicii’s Music: 25 hit songs from the EDM superstar
- Be the DJ: Custom, on-the-note, level-designed tracks to play
- New Look and Experience: New visual look and additional content
- Additional Platforms: First time on Xbox One, Switch, and PC, plus new content on PS4
- Play it Your Way: Three difficulties on every level.
- Explore New Worlds: Six different in-game worlds including a brand-new world
- Play with Friends: Solo play or with friends in split screen action.
- Immersive Story: Emerges through cutscenes with voice acting
Portions of the game royalties will go directly to The Tim Bergling Foundation, which advocates for the recognition of suicide as a global health emergency and promotes removing the stigma attached to the discussion of mental health issues.
Avicii Invectormusic gamesnintendo switchPlayStation 4rhythm gamesWired Productions LtdXbox One