By Patrick Aguda / August 19th, 2019
Bandai Namco Entertainment is holding an original costume design contest to celebrate the upcoming release of Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris. Fans can submit their costume designs for either Kirito or Alice. The winning designs will be featured in the game once it releases. Fans can submit their entries from August 18, 2019 (20:00 PDT) – September 6, 2019 (07:59 PDT).
You can read up more details on the contest below:
- Fans from the following territories can submit their designs: Japan, North America, Europe, Asia (excluding Japan)
- Each territory’s marketing and promotion team selects 3 designs each from the ones submitted. (12 costumes in total)
- The 12 costumes chosen will be announced at Tokyo Game Show 2019.
- From the designs chosen, fans can vote for their favorite design via each territory’s Facebook and Twitter accounts. There will be a total of 4 winning costume designs, 1 from each territory.
- Voting period is September 13, 2019 (11:30 PDT) – September 27, 2019 (07:59 PDT)
- The winning designs will be announced via official social media platforms.
Contest winners will receive the following:
- Their costume design will be featured in the game and their nickname shall be written in the in-game credits.
- 1 digital copy of Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris on the platform of their choosing along with a download code for the winning designs.
The winning costumes will be utilized as a pre-order bonus in North America, Europe and Asia. The costumes will be an early purchase bonus in Japan.
You can check out sample design templates featuring Kirito and Alice below. Note, you can submit designs without using the official template.
Which character do you think will receive the most entries?
AnnouncementBandai Namco Entertainmentcostume design contestPCPS4RPGSword Art OnlineSword Art Online: Alicization LycorisXbox One