By Crystal Colwell / February 18th, 2019
Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is coming to GOG.com, and gets its first update with quality of life improvements, and new content.
Patch Notes (from Steam)
- We have improved the shooting system in the game.
- Balance improved: We have improved the balance of the Professor up to the Library location. We have reduced the stamina cost of the Explosive shot, but we have increased its delay.
- New enemies and traps: We have added new traps and enemies in the Professor’s cemetery level and other locations.
- New animations and visual elements: Now the plants in the game react when you run through them.
- New items: We have added items that give immunity to certain effects like Bleeding, Stun, Traumas, etc…
- New sound effects: We have added sound effects to certain consumable objects.
- Quest fixed: We have fixed the quest of the mother & child in the Detective’s Pogost.
- Necronomicon: Now you can find in the levels of the game, and in the shops, different copies of the Necronomicon. Use them wisely and they may grant you valuable objects, access to a secret location, or a certain and terrible death.
- Eye of Azathoth: Fixed the issue that hides the map if you use two Eyes of Azathoth in the same location.
- Night hunter: Fixed the problem with the Night hunter in the Professor’s Cemetery, that appeared frozen if you had already saved the Witch previously.
LOVECRAFT’S UNTOLD STORY RELEASES ON GOG.COM
LLC Blini Games announces today that, after its release on Steam, Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is now available on Gog.com for €14.99 / $14.99 / £11.39 in English, Russian, and Spanish; other languages will be added in the near future. The Chinese version published by Surefire Games can be found here. Besides, the game received its first udpate after its release, with quality-of-life improvements on its control, shooting, and balance, as well as new content such as new enemies, items, traps, animations, etc. Check out the patch notes here.
Follow the path of five different characters (the Detective, the Professor, the Ghoul, the Thief, and the Witch) in their adventures against the Great Old Ones, their minions, and their worshippers. Explore their different storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s stories that cross randomly generated levels such as the hospital, the jungle or the port city, and look for the clues you need to face terrible foes like Dagon, Shub-Niggurath, Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, and Great Cthulhu.
ABOUT LOVECRAFT’S UNTOLD STORIES
Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is an action roguelite with RPG elements. You explore randomly generated levels based in H.P. Lovecraft stories, fighting cultists and all kinds of monsters from the Mythos, improving your weapons and gear, solving puzzles and challenges, and looking for clues and knowledge to defeat the Great Old Ones and the Outer Gods.
- Fight hundreds of different monsters from the Cthulhu Mythos in this intense action roguelite
- Explore Lovecraft’s stories: every character has a storyline that crosses randomly generated levels set in different locations from Lovecraft’s stories, such as the hospital, the jungle, or the port city just to name a few
- Face the Great Old Ones: Great Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Dagon, Shub-Niggurath, and Azathoth await you in special levels
- Investigate thoroughly: explore every corner to find secret levels and knowledge about the Great Old Ones
- Learn about the Mythos to fight them: to have a chance at fighting the Great Old Ones you need to acquire knowledge about them, or their mere presence will drive you insane
- Madness awaits: in the course of your adventures you will have to make some decisions, and taking the wrong ones will shake your sanity. If it gets too low, you will start losing your mind – and if you go mad you will take your own life to escape the horror
- Pick your hero: Choose between 5 different characters, detective, the thief, the professor, the witch, and the ghoul
- Different playstyles: every investigator has a different combat style and skills, but levels also vary depending on who you’re playing them with – so the gameplay experience is totally different
- Collect and improve weapons, items, and artifacts. Each character has a set of weapons and items, and there are hundreds of other items you can find and use!
- Look for clues and special items to unlock secrets and new stories
7GOG.comLLC Blini GamesLovecraft's Untold Stories