By Patrick Aguda / December 11th, 2018
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has revealed some new information for Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland. Sterkenburg “Sterk” Cranach makes his return to the series, having been playable in the previous three Arland games. In addition to this news, two new characters, Maana and Setia, were introduced. Like the previous games, Sterk will be a playable party member.
You can read more about them and more information below. Translation provided by Gematsu.
Sterkenburg Cranach (CV. Juurouta Kosugi)
“Heh, at this rate I don’t know which one is the daughter… I’m sorry, but I have to work.”
The current leader of the Arland Defense Group. He will also participate in battle.
Maana (CV. Yui Kondou)
“Hehe, make sure to have a lot of fun! Bring me back presents! Hehehe!”
A girl who often visits the orphanage, she has an enlightened way of talking that is relative to her age.
Setia (CV. Rie Kugimiya)
A girl who lacks emotion. She is unacquainted with the subtleties of the human spirit.
- The base system where the materials’ characteristics carry over to the resulting item remains in place, while new alchemical element and boost items elements have been added.
- Alchemical Elements: There are different alchemical elements such as ice and earth, and if the value of a certain element surpasses a certain amount, the resulting item’s effect will change.
- Boost Items: A boost item can only be thrown in once during a synthesis. It grants effects to the alchemy ingredients and materials.
- Up to five party members can participate in battle
- There is also a mysterious item icon on the face icons of character in battle. Though not confirmed, this may be to use an item even when it is not that character’s turn.
Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland is set to launch in Japan for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on March 20, 2019. The game is set to launch in the west for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in Spring 2019. Are you excited to see this character return?
Atelier ArlandAtelier Lulua: The Scion of ArlandGustPCPS4RPGSwitchWeekly Famitsu